We transform dreams into reality.
Our experienced team of designers and world-class bartenders have created our meticulous five-step process. This workflow was created to channel the specific needs of our clients and the ingenuity of our team to create a cutting-edge layout and design for every project.
I: CollaborationWe work closely with our customers to understand their unique goals, priorities and bar program before beginning the design process. This first step is crucial because each bar has its own unique needs and we specialize in identifying them.
- Understand your specific needs to create a space with efficiency and workflow at the forefront of the design.
- Determine if your design requires standard products, specialty units or fully custom solutions.
- Discuss your bar program (if available) to configure thoughtfully placed storage for all necessary ingredients.
- Analyze your average and maximum potential customer volume to create a layout that is designed to efficiently handle your output.
- BarFlex3D proprietary design software allows you to start designing your dream bar right now without any special software. This was created to allow you the freedom to build your concept from over 10,000 configurations, and send it to us so we can integrate it into your overall design.
II: 2D Layout & DesignOur goal is to make sure your layout achieves all of the necessary requirements while integrating dedicated spaces for each bartender. 2D design allows you to visualize overheard and elevation drawings to make sure your vision aligns with our layout.
- Free 24hr layout & design
- Comprehensive workflow analysis based on bar program, space & bartender capacity to maximize efficiency
- Zero-step zones can be added in to help visualize bartenders workflow.
III: 3D Modeling & RevitWe have several in-house expert designers that specialize in Revit/BIM design to help you save time and better understand your layout.
- Free Revit 3D design capabilities
- Our designers will fully configure, prepare and email the entire layout in Revit to save time for our customers.
- 3D Design allows for better understanding and visualization of layout prior to finalizing design.
- Up-to-date BIM available on all products on https://krowne.kclcad.com
IV: Virtual Reality DemosWe can model your entire bar in VR and walk through your physical space using Oculus Quest goggles. We have even programmed an immersive bartending experience that allows the user to interact with bottles, glasses, equipment and more to get the full experience. This level of immersion allows us to identify potential bottlenecks in your actual bar before manufacturing any equipment.
- VR Demos built to your exact spec.
- Immersive bartender experience.
- Simulate bartender workflow by creating a virtual cocktail from scratch in our interactive environment.
- Improve concepts by discovering potential bottlenecks in your layout before finalizing a design.
- Krowne’s Zero-Step methodology is incorporated into this stage to eliminate all unnecessary steps in the drink creation process.
- Perform in-depth bartender training exercises
- We will conduct precise footstep analysis studies to maximize efficiency
V: ManufacturingWith thousands of standard offerings and endless capabilities through custom manufacturing, we can guarantee you the bar of your dreams.
- All Underbar Equipment and Refrigeration is Made in the USA.
- Over 200,000 sq/ft of cutting edge manufacturing facilities.
- Robotic automation.
- Custom manufacturing capabilities.
- Same-day shipping on all in-stock items.
New Capabilities from Krowne
BarFlex3D: Proprietary 3D Bar Design AppThe future of Bar Design is here. Design your dream Krowne bar and get instant 3D renderings in minutes. Fully integrated with AutoCAD and Revit with over 15,000 possible design configurations.
- We provide the necessary digital tools to design your bar efficiently.
- BarFlex3D proprietary Krowne design software allows you to start designing your dream bar right now without any special software. This was created to allow you the freedom to build your concept from over 15,000 configurations and send it to us so we can integrate it into your overall design.
- This tool provides a massive advantage by giving the user fully rotational 3D renderings as they design so they can precisely comprehend and manipulate their layout as needed.
- BarFlex3D also provides instant Revit® and AutoCAD® drawings directly to the user’s inbox upon submission without any interaction in either of those software packages. This is essential for dealers and consultants that want to efficiently design bars for their clients in an intuitive, simple app and not have to redouble their efforts re-creating them in Revit® or AutoCAD®.
World-Class Bartender Ambassador ProgramThe Krowne Bartender Ambassador Program was established to create a more collaborative and experience driven design process. The Krowne Ambassador’s responsibility is to understand the client’s bar operation/program and help us create the most effective and efficient design solutions. Our Award-Winning Bartender Ambassadors:
- Work closely with Krowne clients to identify their unique needs and create layouts to optimize efficiency for their specific bar program.
- Utilize their vast bartending experience to eliminate bottlenecks & maximize profitability behind the bar.
- Identify innovative bar equipment design solutions and work with Krowne to bring these ideas to life.
- Consult with the client regularly and communicate information back to our team.
- Collaborate with Krowne to create custom solutions based on your needs.
Zero-Step Cockpit DesignOur design process is driven by two core beliefs: Bars should be designed BY bartenders FOR bartenders and our stations should be designed with a Zero-Step Approach. This design philosophy was created to provide more access to ingredients and equipment while eliminating the need to take any footsteps to build a cocktail. This allows bartenders to create drinks more efficiently, leading to more sales and overall increased profitability for the establishment.
- Zero-Step design increases efficiency by providing more access to ingredients and equipment
- Larger front-to-back depth ice bin holds approximately 25% more ice than competitor design
- On average 25% less expensive than competitor design
- 100% configurable without any custom required utilizing our proprietary BarFlex3D™ design software
- Flush front-to-back depth to prevent knee injuries
- Offered in over 2,000 different configurations
Augmented Reality Approval ProcessFor the final layout approval our Augmented Reality department can model your entire bar in AR and you can digitally project the equipment in your physical bar space
- Free AR buildout matching your exact spec
- Projection based in-depth approval process
- Fully visualize real layout in your existing space under construction
Why is the underbar layout and design so important?
The next time you sit down at a bar, pay attention to the layout and flow of the bartenders to get a visual understanding of why an efficient layout is so important. Our philosophy is that every single step should be meaningful, so your equipment should have a logical and efficient location. We even went as far as creating the Zero-Step Speed Workstations, our most efficient workstations for bartenders, by bartenders.
Imagine yourself at a bar in any major city and you’re watching the flow of the bartenders. Typically, after three shots of vodka the whole bottle is paid for - meaning the remaining shots are pure profit. You approach the bar for a drink and you see the glasses and liquor bottles at one end of the bar, and the ice bin is at the other end. To make your drink, the bartender has to take the time to walk to the ice bin and then walk back to the liquor bottles. All of those extra steps add up to equal the amount of time you wasted when you could have been serving more drinks; one less drink sold is one less drink to profit from.
These design decisions might not seem important when you’re working on your CAD layout, but they will ultimately have an impact on the bartender’s efficiency, as well as your total bar profitability - bar equipment has the highest ROI of any equipment in your entire restaurant/bar.
It is important to us that our customers have the most efficient bar design based on their specific needs. That is why we set ourselves apart by working with you to customize the perfect bar for your space, to increase your overall profitability and ability to serve more customers.
We are the provider of choice for a wide range of high-end bars, restaurants, stadiums, casinos, and hotels all around the world. Krowne continues to spearhead innovation to improve design, workflow, space management and, above all, efficiency for the new “chefs” of the 21st century. Our underbar product lines are built for high volume applications, are fully customizable, and offer a diverse range of both custom and standard products. Krowne also offers a proprietary 3D design software called BarFlex3D to simplify the design process by allowing clients to virtually design, visualize and refine their workstation in real time, eliminating the need for multiple phone conversations through the process.
Made in the USA
What is more American than having a beer while watching the game at a bar? At Krowne, we manufacture our products in Wayne, New Jersey. For our customers, domestic manufacturing means quality assurance, quick response and fulfillment times, flexibility, and reduced shipping costs. For Krowne, it means an extended family.
Over 70 years in business
With over 70 years of design, manufacturing and innovation, our experienced team is ready to work closely with you throughout the entire process to ensure a high-quality end result. We have been fortunate enough to work on projects ranging from large stadiums and casinos to mom and pop restaurants and bars - no project is too big or too small!
As a third generation family-owned company, we have spent an immense amount of time and resources creating new innovative solutions that improve the design experience for our clients. Through significant capital improvements, continued investments in cutting-edge robotic machinery and rapid growth of our team, we will continue to lead the charge in our industry in bringing new products to market.
Short Lead Times
Here at Krowne, we take pride in our state-of-the-art facilities. Our newly built manufacturing facilities allow for rapid expansion of product offerings, while our new distribution center allows for easier and faster shipping. We use robotic automation for enhanced precision and expanded production capabilities and offer same-day shipping on all in-stock items as our new warehouse management systems ensures accurate fulfillment on every order.
Krowne Royal Series Underbar is our fully customizable, premium underbar product line. It is built for high volume applications and offers a diverse range of custom and standard product assortments. Known for flexibility, Royal Series Underbar is not only installed in high end bars and restaurants, but also stadiums, casinos, and hotels all over the world. Standard overall depths are offered at 24” and 26” but can be customized to fit your needs.
The Krowne Way
Our team takes pride in what we do and we always go the extra mile to make your experience as easy and seamless as possible. Our dedicated support team is always ready to assist with any questions or requests you may have. We also have a live chat option on our website so you can talk with one of our representatives online as you navigate our website.